From Timothy Kettering <tims...@mac.com>
Subject Off Topic: recurring dates
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 16:29:04 GMT
This really doesn't have anything to do with taglibs, but I figured I'd
ask some developers - and this is the only jakarta list I lurk on right
now.

One volunteer project I'm working on is exploring the option of
incorporating support for recurring dates for events.  I've done some
cursory looking around and it seems like that other than grappling with
the Calendar classes, there aren't any general use libraries that
facilitate the use of recurring dates.  Like passing in a date object,
and some flags, and getting a date that occured 2 weeks later, or for a
Tues/Thurs events, it'd return the next event, be it thursday, or next
week tuesday.

I've been seriously thinking about writing a library if this doesn't
exist because it seems like a good thing to write anyway and contribute
to the open source community.  maybe something to go in
jakarta-commons.  But I wanted to ask the list if anyone knew of
existing libraries or open source solutions for this, and could point
me in that direction.  Thanks for your time.

-tim