From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>
Subject Re: [string] 1.1
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 12:38:43 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> I'd like to release a 1.1 version of the String taglib. I expect the
> EL-isation to be the most questionable feature. I am happy for it to be
> 2.0 if need be.
>
> Changes:
>
> WordWrap exception fixed.
> Replace now has a sneaky hack to allow newline replacement.
> EL-ized. The library works 'naturally' with JSTL's EL format. The way of
>     doing this is to only try to use EL if the class can be found in the
>     classpath [Jakarta's Standard taglib's util class for EL].
>     It seems to work de-facto, but the solution may not be legal for
>     JVM's de-jure.
> Metaphone. Fixed copyright in source.
> All tags: Fixed reuse of Tag inside a looping Tag bug.
>

> What do people think?

Before releasing a taglib which uses the EL I think it is very important
to have a seperate EL build and download with documentation of how the
EL works.

It would also be nice if you could port your bug fix patches to the 1.0 branch
of the string taglib so a 1.0.1 release could be done.

Regards,

Glenn