From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Jakarta-Taglibs release status and sandbox
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 06:31:28 GMT

Couple of things.

What's the 'release was packaged wrong' bit?

One thought....

We've got a bunch of JSTL-clashing versions, except they work in 1.1.
I'd like to suggest that one option be that rather than moving those
taglibs on, the same amount of work be spent creating a 1.1 version of
JSTL.

It would however involve seeing what features are in those libs that
aren't in JSTL, and what parts of JSTL are not possible in 1.1.

Anyway, if the demand for these taglibs is due to there not being a JSTL
in 1.1, and it is believed that these taglibs have no life in 1.2+, then a
1.1 JSTL is another solution.

Hen