From peter lin <peter....@labs.gte.com>
Subject fmt bug with 1.0.2
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:23:51 GMT

A coworker came across a bug yesterday with fmt tags parameters. Here is
a description of how to produce the bug.

make a properties file named test.properties in
WEB-INF/classes/test/test.properties.

param.key=text before ftm' param {0} text after ftp param

In the JSP, use fmt tag to get the corresponding values out.

<fmt:setBundle basename="test.test" var="test" scope="request"/>

<fmt:message key="param.key" bundle="${test}">
  <fmt:param><c:out value="speedy gonzales"/></fmt:param>
</fmt:message>

what ends up happening is the "'" causes it to not display correctly.
If you change "fmt'" to just "fmt", the message will display correctly.
I haven't tracked down the exact cause of the bug in formattag or
formatsupport, but I can reproduce the behavior consistently every time.

peter