From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Jar names
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 19:58:41 GMT

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002, Martin Cooper wrote:

> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:48:52 -0700
> From: Martin Cooper <martin.cooper@tumbleweed.com>
> To: 'Tag Libraries Developers List' <taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: Jar names

Agree on both counts.

> So, we'd have:
>
>   taglibs-standard.jar
>   taglibs-string.jar
>   etc.
>
> Not that I'm a committer here, but that's my 2 cents anyway. ;-)

One of the arguments against including version numbers in JAR file names
is that you (or a tool) can look at the manifest to determine the version
number of the library.  The same argument applies to tag libraries
packaged as JAR files, with the additional opportunity to do version
stamping in the TLDs as well.

> --
> Martin Cooper

Craig McClanahan