From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject RE: Default for TLDs
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 18:33:35 GMT
On Tue, 7 May 2002, Lima Marcelo-EML047 wrote:

> >My own feeling is that it's generally better to allow rtexprvalues unless
> >you have a good reason not to.
>
> So you're saying that one should leave them as TRUE ? Or that they
> should be in the TLD and be set to FALSE ?
>
> I thought what you meant was that it's better to leave them as TRUE
> unless you have a good reason to leave them to FALSE. You can't
> anticipate all the situations in which your tag might be used, and the
> developer might need a dynamic, request-time variable to be used.

Indeed, that's my inclination; it's not a strong opinion or one I'd avidly
try to convince others of, but it seems to make sense to be more
permissive unless there's a good reason not to be.

Note that 'rtexprvalue' is false, not true, by default in a TLD.  (Your
first paragraph seems to suggest the opposite, but the default is indeed
'false'.)

--
Shawn Bayern
"JSP Standard Tag Library"   http://www.jstlbook.com