From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Re: JSTL PFD versus RI question
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 03:41:14 GMT
On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Martin Cooper wrote:

> The differences I've noticed are:
>
> 1) In the PFD, prepare(), hasNext() and next() are not abstract, but
> in the RI they are.

Interesting; we hadn't noticed that, to my knowledge.  Thanks!  I'm pretty
sure the intent is for them to be abstract, so the spec should probably be
updated.

> 2) The PFD includes a setStatus() method, while the RI includes a
> setVarStatus() method. I'm guessing the RI is the winner on this one.

This was an error in the spec; it will be fixed before Final Draft to
match the RI.

> 3) In the PFD, the signature for hasNext() has it returning Object,
> although the text says it returns true or false, and the RI agrees
> that it should return boolean. It seems clear that the PFD is wrong on
> this, but I just wanted to check.

Yes, hasNext() should return boolean.

> 4) The RI has variables named beginSpecified, endSpecified and
> stepSpecified which are not mentioned in the PFD. Should they be in
> the PFD?

Yes, I believe they are still necessary.

Thanks for the comments!

--
Shawn Bayern
"JSP Standard Tag Library"   http://www.jstlbook.com