From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>
Subject common taglibs build changes
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 18:14:33 GMT
I have done some work to improve the jakarta-taglibs common build and
make it easier to do releases.

All jar/war files will now come with a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF of the form:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: Apache Ant 1.5alpha

Name: org.apache.taglibs.page
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation
Implementation-URL: http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs
Implementation-Version: 1.0
Implementation-Title: org.apache.taglibs.page
Comment: Page Tag library (Beta 1) Fri Apr 05 11:45:11 CST 2002

The Implementation-Version: above for a nightly build would be
1.0.NyyyyMMdd where yyyy is the year, MM is the month, and dd is the day.

Including a manifest will make it easier for those using the taglibs
to know what version they are using.

I also added a new build target called "release" which should only
be used when building a single taglib for an official release.  It
creates the tar.gz and zip distribution files.

I have added a new section to addtaglibs.html with instructions for
the release manager.

The above changes should make performing a release easier.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for improving this.
This only works if the taglib is using the taglibs common build system.

I am rerunning the nightly build, the new nightly build distributions
and updated addtaglibs.html should be available on the jakarta taglibs
website in 30 minutes.

Thanks,

Glenn