From Bjørn Bouet Smith <...@bsw.dk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Cache Taglib
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 22:58:51 GMT
Hi there,

I have experimented in making my own cache taglib, much simpler than the one
that you have described, but with an option to make object expire by time or
never expire. No awareness at all regarding the container's sessions,
application what so ever.

just simple caching of the body contents of the tag. ie something like:

<cache:cache cacheName="topPage" maxAge="1" cacheCapacity="100"
debug="true">
</cache:cache>

Where the attributes works as below:

cacheName = Id of cached item
maxAge=Minutes to expiry
cacheCapacity=number of items in the cache before the oldest is thrown away
debug=print information regarding time to fetch from cache.

Im thinking about making the cache query string aware, such as it will be
possible to make the cache only retrieve contents from the cache if the
query string matches with the one in the cache, otherwise it should evaluate
the body and add another cache element.

The same about session awareness, define a couple of variables that the
cache should check, i.e.:
<cache:cache cacheName="topPage" maxAge="1" cacheCapacity="100"
scope="session" evalute="searchstring,searchscope">

Where the cache would get the session variables searchstring and scope and
check for equality with the one in the cache, and so forth. I think it would
be useful.

Either way, I would love to see a caching taglig in the jakarta taglibs.

Keep up the good work.

Bjørn Bouet Smith
BSW
http://www.bsw.dk