From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Re: Question
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:30:25 GMT
On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Maxim Zabuga wrote:

> I just downloaded your binary beta 1 release for JSTL. I'm trying to
> check how does your Iterator Tags work? The problem is that there is
> no iteration other arrays, Collection or strings (str, str, str...) in
> core library happens. Tag forEach doesn't work for types you suggest
> in you list of objects to work. Problem is in Arrays, Strings and
> Collections occured. I pointed that just one element completes while
> iterating over all types of objects. I used your standard-examples.war
> to check out it, but there were the same. Can you give me some advice?

Hi there, Maxim.  I'm having a little trouble understanding what you're
trying to say, but it sounds as if the problem you're experiencing is that
the <c:forEach> tag isn't iterating over collections; instead, it
iterates over a single item and stops.

There is a known bug in some JSP containers that causes them to fali with
JSP 1.2-style iteration tags.  In particualr, I believe a version of
WebLogic experienced this problem.  (I'm away at JavaOne and don't have
the resources to investigate further.)  If this is the case, check with
your container vendor to see if they have a patch or new version that
addresses the problem.

Hope that helps,

--
Shawn Bayern