From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>
Subject Re: move the JSTL & JSP EL to Jakarta Commons?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 01:40:24 GMT
James Strachan wrote:

> I just wondered if at some point it might be a nice idea to move the JSTL &
> JSP EL reference implementation to the Jakarta Commons project as a reusable
> component? Then folks could use it either from their own tags or in other
> projects.
>
> e.g. I could imagine its useful in the commons-workflow project as well as
> maybe commons-jelly as well.

-1 on moving the JSTL

>From a user viewpoint I think the JSTL should stay where it is. It would
seem rather strange to direct someone to jakarta commons to get a JSP Tag Library
when there is a Jakarta Taglibs project.

+1 on moving the common reusable EL code to jakarta-commons
The common code used to implement an EL might be better off in jakarta-commons
so it is more visible as a shared componenent and reusable by other projects.

Regards,

Glenn