From Andy Zeneski <...@zsolv.com>
Subject Modified INPUT Tags
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:51:05 GMT

I found the input tag lib to be quite useful, but missing one important part
(for me at least). The ability to pre fill the form with values from an
external source, be it XML or a database. So, I added some simple methods to
the library to check for the fields not only in the request parameters, but
also in a Map which can be found in the page,request,session or application
contexts. Would this be something Jakarta is interested in putting in the
main source tree? The existing functionality did not change and remains 100%
backwards compatible.

Andy Zeneski
jaz@zsolv.com