From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Re: XSL TagLib
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2001 18:54:30 GMT
On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, James Strachan wrote:

> How about we try add your SoftReference caching to the JSTL reference
> implementation? If its not that much code it might make sense to add
> it to the standard tag library, rather than create & maintain yet
> another XSL taglib.

I'm certainly open to that.  Before we go ahead, though, I'd like to have
a better idea of exactly what premises the caching strategy is based on,
and what it exposes to the user.  We need to be sure we're not introducing
assumptions into the spec (and that, if we are, we clear them with the
EG).

That's why I'm with Bob on this --

> I set up my taglib to simply replace this one in the first place. Do
> think we could go this route for now, and if the JSPTL decides they
> want it, we'll tackle that issue later?

That sounds like a good (albeit conservative) course of action that would
let us all experiment with the code.  I'm +1 for this.

Shawn