From <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Tag libs for Images
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2001 18:36:02 GMT
I used to do this a lot. It's a nice way of prototypiung a binary data
creating servlet as the jsp debugging process is simpler than a servlet
one (in the jserv days).

However if you try to do it in tomcat, it will throw an exception after
you create your debugging information due to a writer being closed when it
was never used. If you use IE it will ignore the exception but Netscape
will show broken images.

This was with Tomcat 3.2. Discussion with people at tomcat gained the
answer that such was illegal in JSP according to the JSP spec.

Bay