From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Re: Tag libs for Images
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:20:03 GMT
On Sat, 24 Nov 2001, Bob Lee wrote:

> You "can" output binary data with a JSP, but the added white space can
> make things troublesome.

Right.  It's neither proper nor convenient.

Here's what I propose; I'm +1 for the following approach:

* We go ahead with the taglib <-> image servlet design.  I'm happy to
  volunteer the initial code for the image servlet, a base tag handler,
  and a sample subclass of this base that produces a dummy image.

* We continue with the discussion that Abey Mullassery proposed -- of
  potential features, syntax, uses, dependencies, etc.

* Nomination of Abey as a committer, if he's interested, for the purpose
  of developing and maintaining this tag library.

Any takers?  :-)

Shawn