From "Abey Mullassery" <a...@mullassery.com>
Subject Tag libs for images : use xvfb or pja or jdk1.4 or .. ?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:26:21 GMT

Based on what Shawn had suggested and many agreed to, I slightly modified
the Custom Tag I had written as an example for a text-on-image tag.

Now it consists of
	a servlet which serves the image from the local folder within the domain,
with a string drawn on it (no caching nor persistence).
	Sample JSP custom tags such as "overlay", "url", "text".
	ImageEditor class
	IDGenerator class

Currently the IDGenerator and ImageEditor (just draws a string on an image)
are dummy classes.
All this is still immature code.
(http://www.mullassery.com/downloads/image.war works only windows!)

However if we could decide on how to load awt classes (with xvfb or pja or
use only jdk1.4 or otherwise) we could start designing based on a set of
"nice to have" features. We could also decide upon the tag names,
IDGeneration, Caching, timeout, etc.

Please pool in your expertise.
Still waiting for Shawn's initial code...

Abey M. Mullassery
e: abey@mullassery.com
w: http://www.Mullassery.com