From David Geary <sabrew...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Proposal: Template Tags
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2001 12:50:07 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:

> >   And, as already said in an old mail, I think that it would benefit to
> > users to share ideas about templating/web-components and discuss rather than
> > working alone ...
>
> Too late ;) The fact is, two good quality, mature templating systems
> exist.
>
> I'm in the "more the merrier" camp. If both Tiles and Templates2 were in
> jakarta-taglibs, and their differences clearly documented, I can't
> imagine users complaining.

As I see it, there are three ways this can be resolved:

1. Do nothing.
2. Submit both systems to jakarta-taglibs.
3. Cedric and I submit a system that includes the best features from both.

Option No. 3 seems to make the most sense to me. I will discuss this with Cedric
privately and see what we can come up with.

david