From Pierre Delisle <pierre.deli...@sun.com>
Subject Re: [JSPTL] JXPath as yet another expression language
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2001 23:44:59 GMT
Dmitri,

Thanks for your interest in JSPTL. We've setup the Early Access to
get feedback from the community and I appreciate you taking the time
to provide us with such input.

With respect to the positioning of JXPath as an expression language for
JSPTL, Shawn has provided an accurate answer in his reply.

Moreover, now that we've got you interested in the topic, I'd like
to propose that we add JXPath in the JSPTL RI as another instance of an
expression language for experimentation during our EA program.
[Shawn will look into the modification of the JSPTL build process to
integrate JXPath.]

XPath would then be available under the following flavors in jakarta-taglibs:

   - JPath (Scott's implementation of XPath as an EL for JSPTL)
   - JXPath (Dmitri's "soon to be integrated" implementation of XPath as an EL for JSPTL)
   - XTags (James implementation of XPath/XSLT via custom tags)

My hope is that such "abundance" will generate enough feedback from the
community to help the 052 Expert Group decide what is the best way to
integrate XPath within JSPTL.

Thanks,

    -- Pierre