From John Rayburn <jrayb...@qualis-consulting.com>
Subject setProperty Tag
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:11:40 GMT
To all:

I wanted to be able to use the jsp:setProperty tag in my JSP
pages.  However, I would like to be able to set the "name", "property" and
the "value"/"param" attributes dynamically (i.e. via JSP expressions).  I
know that I can use:

<jsp:setProperty name="client" property="*" />

But, what if I need to do something like:

<jsp:setProperty name="client" property="<%= param.getName() %>" value="<%=
param.getValue() %>" />

This isn't possible with jsp:setProperty because it doesn't evaluate the
expression inside of the property attributes.  Is this possibly just the
JSP engine implementation that I'm using (Caucho's Resin) or is this universal?

If this is universal, I would like to submit a sample setProperty tag that
I've worked on to solve this limitation of using the jsp:setProperty
tag.  If this problem is not universal, let me know!  If this setProperty
tag is useful to the group, then I will finish a corresponding getProperty
tag.  Let me know.

John Rayburn