From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Management of Taglib Submission process
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 03:39:34 GMT
Documentation on how to create a taglib which complies to the
jakarta-taglibs standards is already covered by:

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/addtaglib.html

Perhaps create another document called Contribute Taglib with details
on how to submit a taglib to jakarta-taglibs.

We should consider using bugzilla to manage submission of new
taglibs.  We can create a new category called Submit New Taglib
and assign that category to the committer currently responsible.

Bugzilla allows assigning someone else to a "bug".
Bugzilla has a voting system.
Bugzilla has a way to capture any communications regarding the
submission, etc.

We could put a link to bugzilla with a get query string which
automatically brings up active submitted taglibs on the main
jakarta-taglibs web site page.

I think Bugzilla could work well for tracking new taglib submissions,
provided we write up some documentation submitters can follow to
accomplish the task.

Regards,

Glenn