From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Build help
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2001 06:11:28 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: <bayard@generationjava.com>
To: <taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2001 4:14 AM
Subject: Re: Build help

> Time for me to whine annoyingly again :)
>
> ant.jar 1.3 and the optional.jar both added to the classpath.
> ant shell script placed in my command path.
>
> now I get told about some problems with TransformerFactory and its ilk.
>
> install xalan.jar after making the diagnosis that some xsl was going
> on. add xerces.jar too. and xml.jar.
>
> currently getting:
>
> template-tld11:
>     [style] Transforming into
> /home/hen/jakarta/jakarta-taglibs/build/string/string-examples/WEB-INF
>     [style] Loading stylesheet
> /home/hen/jakarta/jakarta-taglibs/string/../src/taglib/tld11.xsl
>     [style] Failed to read stylesheet ../src/taglib/tld11.xsl
>
> followed by a handful of:
>
> javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException: Namespace not supported by
> SAXParser

Yes - this usually means that an old parser is not on the classpath - or
that no JAXP compliant parser is available.

I'd get a recent copy of JAXP 1.1 and use the xalan.jar and crimson.jar from
there. Or just upgrade your xerces.jar would do it as well.
What version of Xerces have you got - maybe its an old, pre JAXP support
version? These days I think xerces.jar comes with JAXP support and the JAXP
classes too.

> So I guess my parser.jar is out of date? Anyone know where to get a modern
> SAX parser from?
>
> Dunno if it helps, but here's the list of things in my classpath.
>
> /usr/lib/java/jre/lib/rt.jar
> /usr/lib/java/lib/tools.jar
> .
> /usr/local/share/jedit/3.2pre1/jedit.jar
> /usr/lib/javalib/ant.jar
> /usr/lib/javalib/cfparse.jar
> /usr/lib/javalib/collections.jar
> /usr/lib/javalib/jakarta-ant-1.3-optional.jar
> /usr/lib/javalib/jaxp.jar
> /usr/lib/javalib/parser.jar
> /usr/lib/javalib/servlet.jar
> /usr/lib/javalib/xalan.jar
> /usr/lib/javalib/xerces.jar
> /usr/lib/javalib/xml.jar

A recent xerces.jar should fix this anyways I think. I followed Glenn's
instructions here:-

http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/sourcedist.html

and added xalan.jar and xerces.jar into Ant's lib directory and it all
worked fine.

James