From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Re: Documenting Taglibs
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2001 13:06:29 GMT
On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, James Strachan wrote:

> I do quite like how the current build works right now but documenting
> the individual attributes of tags can be troublesome - that could be a
> great area for doclets - to spot all the setFoo() methods and use the
> comment @tld:required true markup to generate the attribute
> documentation & TLD. Right now its very easy to add some attributes to
> a tag in Java code but forget to update the XML to document them and
> put them in the TLD.

Using doclets is a great idea, and I like it far more than XML-based
documentation to produce the TLD, but there's a complication with it.
There's potentially a one-to-many mapping from tag handler classes to
implemented tags, so at the very least the doclet would have to account
for that (which would probably involve some custom notation).

But I think it's a great idea and definitely worth exploring...

Shawn