From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Re: Problem with my taglib ...
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2001 16:21:06 GMT
On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 mbrooke@magstarinc.com wrote:

> I seem to be stuck when I test my taglib the resulting source code is
> putting my JSP code outside of my table definition.

Unfortunately, that's not very much to go on, but if I understand your
issue correctly, it's likely caused by one of two things:

- Ensure your HTML <table> is well-structured; some browsers may display
  table data outside the table if it doesn't appear within a <td> element.
  Check the actual, generated HTML from your JSP to determine whether this
  is the case.

- Ensure that your tag doesn't write output directly through the
  HttpServletResponse object; use the JspWriter acquired through
  pageContext.getOut().

These are just wild guesses given your problem description, but I hope
they help.

Shawn