From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Re: thoughts on new builds (was: Re: [UPDATE] Converting existing taglibs to use new build)
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2001 23:48:32 GMT
On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> I have a proposal.
>
> Why not give everyone a few weeks or so to use the new system.
> Then we can call a VOTE on it.

There are also middle-ground ideas, like providing a little script written
in Java to download the necessary libraries.  (Does Ant support anything
like that?  An "acquire and unpack" action?)  If we kept all the relevant
URLs to libraries up to date, such a process might be as easy as including
all of our dependencies in CVS, and might not have any of the drawbacks
(which I agree are severe) of including other distributions with ours.

Shawn