From Tim Dawson <tdaw...@wamnet.com>
Subject RE: problem with new build
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:26:21 GMT
>>> build dbtags.  The examples.html target is trying to
>>> do some sort of XSLT pass-through of the JSP code,
>>> but in my case the XSL processor says the XML is not
>>> well-formed.

>> Put the following as the first line of the jsp:
>> <!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en">

> Also make sure that the first line after the <!doctype>
> is not a taglib declaration but the html element
> instead - that bit me when porting xtags over to the
> new build.

yeah, I've also run into that when porting i18n.

I was a bit concerned about putting html before the i18n:bundle declaration,
since you're supposed to make sure the response.setLocale() call (made by
the bundle tag) is done before any of the contents are flushed, and so I've
always placed the <html> after setting up and using that tag.  But I went
ahead and tried adding the doctype & moving the html tag up and it appears
to work fine so far.

My only problem is the .jsf files that are included via <%@ include %>.  We
can't wrap <html> tags around those.  I've been thinking for a while (hence
the delay in checking in the updates to i18n) and think the only way to get
around this is to do away with the inclusions and copy/paste everything in.

The actual transform that is used is really quite simple -- it just prepends
and appends to the file -- but Ant doesn't really have any tasks to do that.
(though that would seem to be a useful task)  If anyone has any ideas about
how to possibly get around this, I'd be interested, because I think the
copy/paste approach is pretty distasteful.

Thanks,

Tim

Also make sure that the first line after the <!doctype> is not a taglib
declaration but the html element instead - that bit me when porting xtags
over to the new build.

James

From: "Glenn Nielsen" <glenn@voyager.apg.more.net>