From "Nick Sharples" <n...@eejits.net>
Subject Form validation taglib
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:33:59 GMT
Hi,

I've been playing with the idea of a form validation tag library and have
just posted the an example webapp, jar containing classes at:

http://www.eejits.net/validation/index.html

(the `index.html` is important to include because the servet container is
running on a proxy-pass on apache and the request gets mangled if you miss
it out. omit it at your peril).

The tag is capable of validating form input either on the client (by
generating Javascript) or server-side.

The presentation is little messy at present and the server is very probably
slow (old P133, _VERY_ little memory).

The original idea came from an article I read by Brett McLaughlin on
Javaworld.com (as I mention in the blurb). I'd be interested in anybody's
thoughts on contributing this to the taglibs project.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers,
Nick