From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: could we fix the input taglib build? (was : [GUMP] Build Failure- Taglibs)
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:50:11 GMT
Perhaps it would help to view GUMP as an early-warning system. As it
stands, there is a heads-up that there will be issues when Ant 1.4 is
released. Knowing this, a developer has the option to fix them sooner,
or just wait for the release. It's also bidirectional, in that it can
give the Ant developers a heads-up about how many things they are about
to break ;-)

Testing against the latest releases may not reveal as much, since the
developers and users are already building their own projects from these.

But as Sam says, if the Taglibs Committers vote to be taken off the
list, that's their perogative.

-Ted.