From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>
Subject [Fwd: [UPDATE] Converting existing taglibs to use new build]
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:59:00 GMT
Here is the updated list.  Thanks James, Rich, Tim, Shawn, and Lance.

Call for Volunteers
-------------------

It would be nice if we could get all jakarta-taglibs converted over
to the new build process.  Once converted over we can vote on doing
a beta release of each taglib, then after a few weeks if all is OK,
an official release. I can volunteer to act as the release manager.

So here is a call for volunteers/authors to convert individual taglibs:

application - Glenn - DONE!
benchmark - Shawn - DONE!
bsf
datetime - Glenn - DONE!
dbtags
foundation - Glenn
gnat-tags
i18n - Tim
input - Lance
io - James
jndi
jspspec
log - James
mailer - Rich
page - Glenn - DONE!
random - Rich
regexp - Glenn - DONE!
request - Glenn - DONE!
response - Glenn - DONE!
scopes
scrape - Rich
session - Glenn - DONE!
sql
tools/Ultradev/4.0/ctlx
utility
xsl
xtags - James

The new build is backward compatible so all of the original builds
for the above still work.  But it would be nice to have all taglibs
that will be released converted so that the docs & builds are consistent.

I am still looking for ideas on how we can organize a taglib/build so
that a taglib can support both JSP1.1 and new features of JSP1.2.

Regards,

Glenn