From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>
Subject Re: String taglib proposal
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2001 15:30:11 GMT
Hi Bayard,

I will echo James recommendation that the string actions be broken out
into individual tags.  From a java code view, reuse is good.  But from
the view of the JSP page author it would be better if the actions were
separate tags for two reasons:

1.  If you edit JSP files using an editor, there is less typing to use
    individual tags vs one tag with the action attribute.

2.  If you use a tool like NetBeans to develop jsp pages it will be
    easier for the page author to use the individual tags in
    NetBeans rather than one tag with 30 different action attribute
    values.  NetBeans will know about the 30 tags, but won't know
    anything about the 30 action attribute values.

Thanks for offering to contribute this to jakarta-taglibs.
I can see uses for a string taglib.

I am sure one of the taglibs committers would be happy to review
the string taglib once you have it ready.  Just post a URL where
the source can be downloaded as a zip or tar.gz.

Thanks,

Glenn