From Morgan Delagrange <morg...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Major design flaw in DBTags!
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:49:38 GMT
There are some good ideas here.  I hadn't considered closing the
connections upon every SQLException, which sounds like a great approach
and would greatly reduce the possibility of orphaned
connections.  Transactional support is also on the to-do list (if only my
to-do list was comprised of only Jakarta tasks :).

Glenn and Rich added support for DataSources and JNDI, so the connection
tag can pull DataSources from the application scope using findAttribute(),
or pull DataSources out of JNDI.  We also support DriverManager for
Drivers and pooling pseudo drivers.  Pick your poison.  :)

- Morgan