From Morgan Delagrange <morg...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Major design flaw in DBTags!
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:10:26 GMT
Yeah you wouldn't need a second connection tag at all if they actually use
the same connection, but that's not necessarily the case.  If they are
using different connections, implicit collaboration is not possible.

I'm not trying to be obstinate.  :)  I just think the current design is
friendlier and more backward compatibile.  I should be able to change the
release() method to clean up connections without changing the interface,
so we only need change the interface if it will make usage cleaner.  I'm
not convinced that it does.  I like:

  <connection>
    <url/>
    <user_name/>
    <password/>
  </connection>

  <statement/>

  <!-- potentially optional in JSP 1.2 -->
  <closeConnection/>

better than:

  <connection>
    <!--
      don't like how connection info is a sibiling
      of statement
    -->
    <url/>
    <user_name/>