From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Synchronization taglib?
Date Sat, 12 May 2001 19:34:37 GMT
I've written a little 'synchronization taglib' more just as an exercise
than anything else.  The idea is that it provides a tag like

	<sync:lock label="a">
	</sync:lock>

to allow the establishment of an application-wide critical section in JSP
code.

I don't really see a use for it :-), since ideally this sort of logic
wouldn't be in a JSP page anyway.  I can throw it into the sandbox, but
let me know if there's any more interest, because I *could* conceivably
round it out.

For instance, there could be tags like

	<sync:wait label="a"/>
	<sync:notify label="a"/>

with equally questionable use as <lock>.  There's no end to how this could
be overengineered beyond practical JSP use; for instance, there could
always be a <barrier> tag, and semaphore operations, and so on...

Shawn