From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL/VOTE] news section and taglib "state" implemenetation
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 22:56:54 GMT

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Eduardo Pelegri-Llopart wrote:

> Sounds good!  Actually, it would be nice to make available an XSLT
> stylesheet that does exactly that.
>
> What I would prefer to avoid is having another XML document that is not
> the JSP 1.2 TLD that is providing the extra information needed by page
> authors.  Same argument that you are using: we want developers to have
> to write only one document.

Struts actually follows this philosophy -- a single XML file is used as
the basis for both the TLD and the user documentation, using two different
XSLT stylesheets.  Adding different transformations for 1.1 and 1.2 should
be pretty easy, since 1.2 is upwardly compatible.

See the contents of the "doc" directory in the Struts source distribution
for the details.

> Thanks,
> 	- eduard/o

Craig