From "Dion Almaer" <d...@customware.com>
Subject RE: Encoding URLs in a JSP
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 17:10:47 GMT
Yes you are right.  If you are doing funky stuff then you will have to worry
about doing the encoding.
This is true in any case.  If you are using javascript to build the url then
you can't wrap a resp.encodeURL() around
it anyway.

The point of this approach is to try to get past the annoyance of having to
go through all code, looking for every
URL to wrap an encodeURL()... whether it be in the page, or being generated
elsewhere (servlet, bean, etc).

Dion

ps. I am new to the list... so I apologise if this has been talked about,
but what about the typical caching tag?
    Does one exist but I didn't see it?  Having a <cache> tag (like occache)
is a very common tag that you
    would want right?  Also, instead of having sep tags for application,
page, session, how about also just having
    a <setAttribute id="foo" scope="page|request|session|application"> a.
la. useBean.  The <session> tag would
    still be useful if you want to call methods on the session object...
this would purely be there to set/get things
    from a given scope