From "Scott Hasse" <scott.ha...@isthmusgroup.com>
Subject PROPOSAL: expression tag library
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 05:56:52 GMT
Hi, all

I have been lurking on this list for quite a while now and want to say that
I am very impressed with the work you all have been doing.  I recently put
some work into an expression language and associated tag library that I
would like to donate to this group, if you are interested.  The tag library
is designed to promote good MVC design, and borrows many usage patterns from
XSLT and XPath, but uses Java introspection instead of paths for resolving
expressions, and errs on the side of Java where things like naming
conventions are concerned.

More information and examples are at:

http://plaza.isthmusgroup.net/exptags/intro.jsp

I am the only contributor of source, so there aren't any legal/licensing
issues.

I am getting married this week, so I will be a bit unreachable in the short
term, but will be back around the 24th of May to continue development and
see what you all have to say.  There is a chance I will be able to check
email a few times over the next couple of weeks as well, so if you have
questions, feel free to send them my way.

Are you interested in incorporating this tag library?

Scott