From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Tag lifecycle, reprise
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 16:31:40 GMT
Hi Shawn

From: "Shawn Bayern" <bayern@essentially.net>
> On Mon, 14 May 2001, James Strachan wrote:
>
> > Agreed. How about we put the definitive 'tag lifecycle' guidelines in
> > a document on the Jakarta Taglibs web site?
>
> I'd be in favor of that.  It could also be incorporated into the general
> tutorial on the site, but since the material is arguably more advanced,
> maybe separating it out is useful.  I'm +1 for either.

I've taken your summary and turned it into guidelines.xml and put it here:-

    src/doc/
            guidelines.xml

such that it will be created as HTML with the web site 'look and feel' by
the build process.
I've created a link on the taglibs index page to this document, below the
"Tutorial" link..

So after the next nightly build this should appear on the main taglibs site.
We might want to do the same thing to the tutorial.html as well at some
point...

James