From "jonathan" ...@jbingham.com>
Subject tables?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2001 02:44:00 GMT
Hi, all!

  I'm not sure what the status is on any efforts to create a generalized
table tag. I submitted an RFE to javasoft, and they'd asked me to ask
around, but that was 2 mo ago.
  I have a fully implemented table tag I've found extremely useful and have
used again and again. Here's a quick example, from a recent client project:

<% javax.swing.table.TableModel table = SomeTableModel(); %>
<tbl:viewTable
	table="<%= table %>"
	columnHeaderAttributes="id=columnheader"
	evenRowAttributes="id=evenrow"
	oddRowAttributes="id=oddrow"
	rowSelectionMode="single"
	rowSelection="studyID=$value"
	selectedRows="0"
	editable="false"
/>

There are options for generating CSV, tab-delimited and ASCII tables;
formatting table cells, making table cells editable, hyperlinking cells and
headers, paginating large tables, and more.
  Let me know if anyone would like more details, javadocs, sourcecode, etc.

Cheers,
Jonathan