From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject PROPOSAL: Outline tag library
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:37:43 GMT
I've packaged up an Outline tag library I've been using lately - it might be
a useful addition to the jakarta-taglibs project. There's a distribution
here (its too big for this email list) which includes all source code with
the ASF licence, documentation and an example web appp.

http://xtags.org/temp/outline-0.1.zip

The Outline tag library implements a client side 'outline',  an expanding /
collapsing hierarchial tree based GUI using JavaScript / DHTML.

It hides all the JavaScript details of doing such a thing behind some JSP
tags, you just define your tree structure and where you want the expand /
collapse links to be placed. No frames or any other horribleness required -
though you do need to include a JavaScript file in your HTML somewhere.
Works like a dream in IE though I haven't done much Netscape testing yet.

The JavaScript code is taken from the article here:

http://www.webreference.com/dhtml/column12/

I've attached a simple example JSP file taken from the example web app to
show it in action.

<James/>