From "Joseph B. Ottinger" <j...@epesh.com>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: tag pipelining
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2001 20:33:51 GMT
It's not really similar except it's a mechanism that I use to decouple
tags from internal attributes.

Some months ago, it occurred to me that setting ta attributes via
scriptlets was ugly and non-orthogonal; it's also slightly limiting. So
all of my recent taglibs have placed an emphasis of dynamic data being
placed either in an attribute (where it can be set via scriptlet or
statically) or via an external tag, where the full brunt of JSP can be
brought to bear on it. The external tags are something JSR-053 is paying
some attention to (in that they, too, want a <jsp:attribute
name="tagProperty" />), but I'm not really chaining the same way the
current discussion is referring to.