From Pierre Delisle <pierre.deli...@sun.com>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: tag pipelining
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2001 00:23:12 GMT
James,

Thanks for your comments.

Here is a quick clarification regarding the properties
in a 'consumer' tag.

Just as you bring up at the end of your email, I'd expect the
properties in the consumer tag to have a single setter
method (sorry if it was not clear). This property does not
however have to be of type 'Object', it could be of *any* type
'understood' by <tag:set>.

It is the job of the <tag:set> tag to introspect the
methods in the consumer tag to find the set<propertyname>
method, figure out its argument type,
and do the appropriate casting from the type it got from the
producer tag. (agree, agree, lots of work... has a definite
impact on performance)

In the case of the xsl tag, this means we'd probably
only have:

   public ApplyTag {
     public void setXml(Reader reader) {
     }