From Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] jdbc taglib release
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:28:25 GMT
The JNDI tag lib is great for general JNDI usage.  But
a JDBC jndi data source is only usable by a tag lib
designed to do JDBC.  Adding support to get a dB
connection from a named jndi jdbc data source is trivial.
This change makes it simpler to use the jdbc tag set when the
servlet container provides jdbc connections via a
jndi data source.

My vote is to include support in the jdbc tag lib for
named jndi jdbc data sources directly.

Regards,

Glenn