From "Hui Lin" <h...@cysive.com>
Subject RE: Verify Error!!
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:51:59 GMT
Hi,

We had the same problem in our previous project where we
used Struts 0.5 with WebLogic 5.1 (SP 6). WebLogic blame
this problem to Sun's Java VM as it has a 64 KB limit on the size
of a method in a Java class. As most JSP compiler put all
the stuff of a page in the _jspService method, this problem
is likely to occur if the page is two big.

There are two solutions to this problem:
1. For Windows NT, you can put "-noverify" as part of the VM parameter
   to turn off the Java class verification. This doesn't
   work for Solaris Java VM, it causes core dump. Again, WebLogic
   blame this to Sun's Java implementation.

2. Use dynamic JSP "include" to separate a big page to multiple
   smaller ones. Most JSP compilers will generate a separate
   Servlet for each JSP page. Only the output of them will be
   merged together at runtime. This maybe the best solution
   for Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2. For Servlet 2.2 and JSP 1.1,
   there is an issue regarding the "flush" attribute of the "include"
   directive, it has to be set as "true". This can causes some
   troubles for the error handling

Hopefully this helps

Hui Lin