From "Joseph B. Ottinger" <j...@epesh.com>
Subject RE: taglib roadmap and practices
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2000 01:26:29 GMT
This is getting too deep for convenient quoting!

I like the idea of using <jsp:setProperty /> for local tags,
but... something in me rebels. It changes the focus of setproperty from
the page/session/application scope to include a tag scope, and while
possibly workable, it doesn't seem very orthogonal.

Note that for the jakarta taglibs project, it doesn't matter WHAT *I*
think - I'm a member of the list, not a committer or on any boards here. I
*am* on the JSR-052 committee, which was why I mentioned it in the first
thread, but it makes sense (to *me*, anyway, heh heh) to pay attention to
the body of work already existing... which means considering what Mike
Cannon-Brookes and I (and others!) have done with the IN16 project on
sourceforge, jakarta, and other possible contributors.

BTW, the roadmap I mentioned, while still VERY skimpy, can be found at
http://epesh.com/tagroadmap.html :)

Joseph B. Ottinger                           joeo@epesh.com
http://epesh.com/                             IT Consultant