From Shawn Bayern <shawn.bay...@yale.edu>
Subject Re: proposed addition, JNDI tags
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 08:23:28 GMT
On Sun, 3 Dec 2000, Danno Ferrin wrote:

> I have written a set of tags that handle some simple JNDI requests, and I
> wanted to get them out before I start work tomorrow.
>
> Since I don't have committ prividges on the taglib project I would assume
> the proper course of action is to propose the set of tags to the dev list.
> The files are at http://home.earthlink.net/~shemnon/jndi.tar.gz
>
> It has a simple set of demo pages, but it is assumed that some knowledge of
> JNDI is posessed by the user and no docs on hand-holding the needed setup
> are there, but I used JDK1.3, OpenLDAP with the contents of the JNDI
> Tutorial from the sun site on slapd server.
>
> Committers, would it be appropariate for me to call for +/-1's?

Sure.  Procedure has been, in the past, that people who submit tag
libraries should also ask to become committers themselves.  That way, they
can commit their own work and remain at least partially responsible for
updates to it in the future.

I'm happy to nominate you as a committer, assuming you don't mind.

Shawn