From Scott Stirling <sstirl...@allaire.com>
Subject RE: SQL tags
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2000 16:28:50 GMT
Maybe the existing SQL taglib could/should be moved into the JSP spec
taglib.

I think a SQL taglib is definitely desirable and no-brainer for inclusion in
the standard, so it would be interesting for a lot of people to see and use
yours.

Scott Stirling
Allaire Corporation
http://www.allaire.com/developer/jrunreferencedesk/
<http://www.allaire.com/developer/jrunreferencedesk/>

-----Original Message-----
From: mdelagra@us.britannica.com [mailto:mdelagra@us.britannica.com]

Hi all,

So, for several months now, I've been using my own set of custom tags to
perform SQL operations.  I'd like to contribute them, but I'm not sure how
to proceed.  Jakarta-taglibs already has a SQL taglib, but it's a "toy"
implementation designed to demonstrate a particular portion of the JSP spec,
not a general API to SQL.  Can we create a new subproject with a more
generally useful SQL implementation?

Or is it better to simply replace the current SQL project?  I can reuse most
of what is in the current taglib, but I would want to use the tag "query"
for something else.  Perhaps we could keep that class in the code and just
alias it with another name.  Boyd Waters and Ignacio J. Ortega should
definitely weigh in here, since they implemented the original taglib.  Or
perhaps we could move the current sql taglib subproject to another location
to make room for this new subproject?

Or is a taglib for SQL not generally desired?

- Morgan