From Nacho <na...@siapi.es>
Subject RE: SQL tags
Date Tue, 26 Dec 2000 16:47:33 GMT
Hola a todos:

(Please do not use HTML when post to lists, it's makes conversations
almost impossible )

The SQL taglib was that you comment, a toy implementation, usefull to
learn, nothing more was pretended with that, at least from myself..

I think will be better to use the"sql" Taglib subproyect to something
more usefull and better implemented than the actual SQL taglib,

+1in do whatever you think it's usefull to the actual SQL taglib.

I think that a SQL taglib it's really useful.

What do you want to do to the query tag?

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega

-----Mensaje original-----
De: mdelagra@us.britannica.com [mailto:mdelagra@us.britannica.com]
Enviado el: martes 26 de diciembre de 2000 17:22
Para: taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Asunto: SQL tags

Hi all,
So, for several months now, I've been using my own set of custom tags to
perform SQL operations. I'd like to contribute them, but I'm not sure
how to proceed. Jakarta-taglibs already has a SQL taglib, but it's a
"toy" implementation designed to demonstrate a particular portion of the
JSP spec, not a general API to SQL. Can we create a new subproject with
a more generally useful SQL implementation?
Or is it better to simply replace the current SQL project? I can reuse
most of what is in the current taglib, but I would want to use the tag
"query" for something else. Perhaps we could keep that class in the code
and just alias it with another name. Boyd Waters and Ignacio J. Ortega
should definitely weigh in here, since they implemented the original
taglib. Or perhaps we could move the current sql taglib subproject to
another location to make room for this new subproject?
Or is a taglib for SQL not generally desired?
- Morgan