From Danno Ferrin <shem...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: proposed addition, JNDI tags
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2000 20:28:30 GMT
Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> Danno Ferrin wrote:
>
>> I have written a set of tags that handle some simple JNDI requests, and I
>> wanted to get them out before I start work tomorrow.
>>
>> Since I don't have committ prividges on the taglib project I would assume
>> the proper course of action is to propose the set of tags to the dev
>> list.
>> The files are at http://home.earthlink.net/~shemnon/jndi.tar.gz
>>
>> It has a simple set of demo pages, but it is assumed that some
>> knowledge of
>> JNDI is posessed by the user and no docs on hand-holding the needed setup
>> are there, but I used JDK1.3, OpenLDAP with the contents of the JNDI
>> Tutorial from the sun site on slapd server.
>>
>> Committers, would it be appropariate for me to call for +/-1's?
>>

> +1 for including the JNDI tag library
>
> +1 for Danno as a committer on jakarta-taglibs (so that he can check it
> in and
> maintain it, and also perhaps help on the other libs :-).
>

>> thanks
>> --Danno
>

> Craig

Ok, I will maintain the tags since i have gotten the required votes for
committer access (Costin, Shawn, Justyna, Glenn, Nacho).  When will this
be granted?  I'll go ahead and check them in when I get access.

--Danno

(Now I finally got mail stuff figured out at my new job... it amazing
what a SMTP server on localhost can do!)