From Luca Orlandi <luca.orla...@inferentia.it>
Subject [Enhancement] XSL Taglib
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:54:52 GMT
I've greatly appreciated the xsl taglib (I've developed myself something
similar using a simple servlet hierarchy ) and I would like to enhance it
introducing the support for parametric xsl.
I'm in doubt about the best interface for it:

<xsl:apply ...>
	<xsl:params>
		<param name="xxx">value1</param>
	</xsl:params>
</xsl:apply>

This could be a solution but somehow collides with the "nested xml" syntax:

<xsl:apply xsl="/xml/employeeList.xsl">
<employees>
  <employee id="123">
    <first-name>John</first-name>
    <last-name>Doe</last-name>
    <telephone>800-555-1212</telephone>
  </employee>
</employees>
</xsl:apply>

So a better solution could be forcing the uso of a "parameter bean"

<xsl:params name="mypar">
	<param name="xxx">value1</param>
</xsl:params>

Tha bean can then countain a hash of params to be used prior to process-ing
the XSL+XML.

Any suggestions?

---
Luca Orlandi  - Inferentia Spa MI (I)
Phone: +39 0259928451 - Fax: +39 02 59928221