From Shawn Bayern <shawn.bay...@yale.edu>
Subject Re: Contribution
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2000 19:09:38 GMT
On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Hans Bergsten wrote:

> 3) The person that contributes the code must be accepted as a Committer
>    and be willing to continue working with the library for some time,
>    at least until others get familiar with it (or something like that).

Sounds good to me, with the (hardly groundbreaking!) qualification that an
existing Committer could pick up this task if the contributor can't or
doesn't want to remain involved.

Another issue, which I alluded to before, is that we probably want to
have, eventually, a structure for organizing different contributions
(mostly, into relevant tag libraries and, along with that, packages).
Since it's possible that JSR-52 will provide this kind of structure, it
may make sense to hold off on jumping to one now.  (Besides, we haven't
yet had enough contributions for them to get confusing.)

> Am I roughly in line here? If so, I can try to put together a document
> with these guidelines and someone with commit privileges can add it to
> the CVS archive, and maybe to the web site as well. If such as
> document already exists, please tell me where it is.

Sounds good to me.

Shawn