From Marco.Mistr...@nokia.com
Subject RE: Offer to submit <form>-related taglib
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2000 06:24:09 GMT
HI shawn,
	sorry if i was not clear also in hte second message

what i mean is, given a form like this:

<form action="...">
<input type="text" name="name" />
<input type="text" name="surname" />
<input type="text" name="address" />
</form>

generate a request in XML format(redirected to a servlet or whatever
application) such as

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<request>
	<parameter name="name">Marco</parameter>
	<parameter name="surname">Mistroni</parameter>
	<parameter name="address">Sunset Boulevard, 140 - Los
Angeles</parameter>
</request>

this request is a STRING, and can be passed to a generic application that
can process the request and call some back end application
the point is to use XML as a data-exchange format between different
applications

so far, i have done something like that, but for generating the request in
XML format i extract all the parameters from the request and build a XML
string that looks as the XLM above
now, considering the taglibs available for processing form elements, such as
yours and joe's, can considering especially the case of joe in which he (as
far as i understood) use the taglib to populate a JavaBean with some
properties,
don't u think that is feasible to write a taglib that takes all the form
input parameters and build, as i told, a request in XML format??
i haven't thought in detail how to do that, but what is your opinion??

thanx in advance & regards
	marco